The information in the following section is directed to individuals who work at Halifax Stanfield International Airport and is not intended for the general public.
Les informations contenues dans la section suivante s’adressent aux personnes qui travaillent à l’aéroport international Stanfield d’Halifax et ne sont pas destinées au grand public.
If your employment requires you to have access to restricted areas of Halifax Stanfield International Airport, you will need to complete the forms below:
Prior to submitting the completed forms at the Pass Control Office, you must successfully complete all three modules of the Canadian Airports Security Awareness Program (CASAP). The training can be accessed here: https://hiaa.sabacloud.com/
Follow the instructions to sign up (register) for the training. The training does not have to be completed in one session. Once you have registered, you can sign in as many times as you wish to complete all three modules (remember the password you registered with).
The first time you sign-up (register) you will need the ‘security keyword’ which you can get from your employer.
1. Restricted Area Identification Card
Use the RAIC Application Checklist when applying for a RAIC.
Print the following Application Form, fill it out and have it approved by your company’s authorized signing authority.
2. Vaccination Status
As of June 20, 2022, the requirements of this section are suspended, and proof of vaccine is not currently required.
Starting November 15, 2021, all RAIC applications are required to provide proof of vaccination (2 doses) or a completed exemption form (found below). Individuals must have their proof of vaccination (2 doses), or a completed exemption form when visiting the pass control office.
3. Transportation Security Clearance
Applications for Transportation Security Clearance from Transport Canada must be completed online, printed and brought to the Halifax Stanfield Pass Control office. Click here to complete the form.
Once completed, both forms can be dropped off at:
Halifax International Airport Authority
Halifax Stanfield International Airport, Pass Control Office
Centre Tunnel, Air Terminal Building
747 Bell Boulevard, Goffs, Nova Scotia
Hours of Operation: Monday to Friday 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
4. Pass Control Office Appointments
Appointments for the Pass Control Office can be scheduled online. There is also the option to attend as a walk-in (which may involve an extended wait).
Prior to attending Pass Control, it is essential that you know the following:
- Ensure a signing authority for your company has reviewed your TSC and/or RAIC application in detail to ensure it is complete, free of errors, and that you are in possession of all the required supporting documentation. Failing to do this will result in your application not being accepted by the Pass Control Office, and you will need to attend on another date/time when the application and/or supporting documentation is correct for submission to Transport Canada and HIAA.
- It is not the role of the Pass Control Office to help you complete your TSC or RAIC application. The responsibility for this lies with the signing authority for your company.
You must have read and understood all the sections above:
- Security Clearance
- Restricted Area Identification Card
- Vaccination Status (Requirement suspended as of June 20, 2022)
- Transportation Security Clearance
If you are making an appointment online, you must accept the ‘Terms & Conditions for Appointments’ during the scheduling process.
If you are making an appointment online, you must enter who your employer is (company name) during the scheduling process.
To schedule an appointment online, click the blue button below.
Airport Traffic Directives (AVOP Program)
The airside of an airport is a specialized working environment governed by specialized rules and designed to prevent accidents and minimize personal injuries and damage to equipment, property and the environment.
Halifax International Airport Authority issues the Halifax Stanfield Airport Traffic Directives as a reference source to combine the applicable regulations, rules, policies, and procedures related to safe vehicle operation and pedestrian activity on the airside.
The following three manuals comprise the Halifax Stanfield Airport Traffic Directives.
For further information on the Halifax Stanfield Airport Traffic Directives contact [email protected].